Position: Coordinator, Development
Reports to: Director, Development
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an organized, adaptable, and reliable professional for the role of Coordinator, Development in our BC Provincial Office in Vancouver. The Coordinator, Development is responsible for supporting the Development Team in raising donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations. Support functions include management of development events, prospect research, preparation of meeting materials, reports and proposals, pipeline management reporting, database and financial management, coordination of donation and sponsorship deliverables, and donor stewardship. This is a key position on the Development Team and requires managing multiple tasks, timelines, supporting the entire development team as well as liaising with internal and external stakeholders in support of development goals.
- Identify and research corporate partners and major giving prospects, coordinating with the central prospect research group to produce accurate and timely prospect briefs
- Assist the Development Team with prospect pipeline management, establishing processes to ensure accurate and timely moves management
- Prepare briefing and debriefing notes and materials for members of the Development Team to help them focus most efficiently on external activities with donors and partners
- Assist with correspondence and reports for donors and partners including letters, stewardship materials and funding proposals, using existing templates when available
- Provide general administrative functions including organizing and managing donor and sponsor files, and inventory of supplies and materials
- Coordinate the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees in Development
- Prepare weekly/ monthly management metrics reporting as requested
- Help organize, plan, and execute donor and partner events (thank you notes, payment, tracking of attendees, organizing volunteers, tracking revenue and expenses, and other event support)
- Provide support for at least one major fundraising event annually, requiring significant planning and coordinating responsibilities critical to ensuring an exceptional guest experience
- Enter donor and sponsor activity into the constituent relationship management (CRM) database and prepare pipeline and other reports as required
- Ensure exceptional accuracy and attention to detail through CRM database management
- Proactively manage pipeline data, providing reports and information to assist development team in fundraising efforts
- Ensure donation and sponsorship cheques are coded correctly and deposited in a timely manner
- Work closely with Director, Development and Finance team on budget preparation and financial reporting
- Ensure accurate input of financial information and perform ongoing review and reporting
- Prepare stewardship reports for major donors, partners and ensure appropriate recognition
- Steward donor accounts as assigned to ensure continued giving
- Liaise with the key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship or donation deliverables and contractual commitments
- Integrate volunteers when appropriate into area of responsibility; providing supervision, training and support
- Identify potential tasks for development volunteers and work closely with Volunteer Management to help recruit the right volunteers aligned with tasks assigned
- Serve as a front line representative of the Heart and Stroke Foundation with the public and corporate partners
- Proactively and effectively communicate with donors and corporate partners to ensure accurate and timely information is communicated
- Organize and execute large mailings to donors and other external constituents
- Oversee and contribute to the effective communication with Mission, Community Engagement, Team Central Development and all key functional areas
- Knowledge of fundraising, corporate partnership, and sponsorship principles
- Experience with fundraising software, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, OneCRM, or other comprehensive CRM database
- Knowledge of effective donor/sponsor prospecting and researching techniques
- Professionalism, diplomacy and tact in working with confidential donor information and dealing with sensitive health topics
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member; comfortable and enjoys working across departmental units and with volunteers
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and improve systems and processes for efficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly present ideas and communicate with a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects with changing timelines and priorities
- Adaptable and flexible with change. Open to constructive feedback and making necessary changes
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, fundraising or related field
- 2-3 years of related work experience in fundraising, marketing, or administration
- Fundraising or non-profit experience preferred
- Event Coordination experience is an asset
- Superior or Intermediate knowledge and skills of complex CRM database
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please include the reference number CD201702BC and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, and dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.