Position: Coordinator, Community Fundraising, My Own Fundraiser
Reports to: Manager, Community Fundraising
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Coastal Vancouver, BC
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Your success in fundraising and meeting financial targets will help fund breakthroughs and save lives. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you will successfully engage and build networks within their communities. Your public speaking and communication skills help you inspire others to support Heart & Stroke. You will create plans and execute fundraising programs to meet annual fundraising goals within your designated geographic territories.
Heart & Stroke fundraising teams are goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated. They are the face of the organization in the community. They maintain a relentless focus on driving results in support of our mission. Our teams are passionate, agile and collaborative thriving in a fast-paced environment.
At Heart & Stroke, we benefit from a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs from across our great country. We celebrate our differences, our rich cultures and heritage and support individuals from all walks of life to achieve a healthy future.
- Enthusiastic Ambassador to assist the community members to develop their own events to support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Work with the Manager Community Fundraising to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, team kick off events, orientation of volunteers, customer service and event day execution.
- Assist in identifying, developing and implementing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
Proactively engage with community members to maintain established relationships and to acquire new participation, sponsorship, donations, etc. to maximize opportunities for partnerships and revenue growth
- Monitor program statistics, analyze the results, and proactively plan next steps to positively influence fundraising results and relationships
- Attend and actively participate in local networking, community and health-related events to enhance Heart & Stroke community presence
- Lead cultivation and stewardship activities for all supporters to ensure continued growth and success of fundraising initiatives and campaigns, which may include other programs
- Geographic Region: Vancouver and North Shore and surrounding areas
- Relationships: Multiple Community and Corporate Stakeholders, Event Volunteers
- Competitive Challenge: mix of urban and rural geography, diverse communities
- 2-3 years of related experience in selling and or fundraising and proven success meeting goals/targets
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships; strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively promote and sell ideas and/or programs along with excellent interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and has access to own vehicle
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Has strong computer skills and experience working with a CRM database and online fundraising platforms
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please include the reference number CCFCV92018 and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including pension, and dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.