Position: Administrator, Community Engagement
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Vancouver, BC Provincial Office
Status: Full-time; temporary (6 month contract)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Adminstrator, Community Engagement is responsible for the operational support for the implementation of the Community Engagement programs in BC & Yukon. The Administrator works with the Provincial and Central Community Engagement Teams to ensure the effective implementation of fundraising programs.
This is a limited term, full time contract position.
- Responsible for provincial inventory management and systems
- Analyze and prepare program forecasts for print and prize materials
- Coordinate purchasing and selling of program resources for the Community Engagement programs through the provincial partnership
- Coordinate the distribution of all program resources to the Area Offices
- Ensure adherence to guidelines set out for forecasting, inventory control, reordering, and material returns
- Manage day to day communication and coordination with external suppliers and stakeholders in relation to program resources
- Coordinate and establish processes for department efficiencies in accordance with national processes
- Process accountant payable invoices, and liaise with the Central Finance Team
- Assist the Regional Director and manager of Community Engagement in general administration as needed
Customer Service and Teamwork
- Serve as a customer service point person for field inquires on program resources, orders and trackers
- Responds to external email inquiries and concerns for all programs
- Coordinate the weekly program updater
- Liaise with the Foundation’s central warehouse team to manage program stock issues and solutions
- Prepare and oversee volunteer projects as required
- Assist in the coordination of conference calls and business meetings. Record and distribute minutes as needed
Data Management Support
- Support field staff on the use of online fundraising tools
- Prepare email lists for provincial and central communications
- Liaise with Business Solutions and Central Community Engagement Team in the training of field staff for the national database
- Manage the program shared drive to ensure all program support materials are available
- Ensure that all reporting and data management needs are in place to provide information for weekly, monthly and annual program reporting
- Analyze program data and prepare reports from provincial databases to identify program trends
- Track and maintain a record of all program expenditures to ensure that budgets are adhered to and managed effectively
- Diploma in Business or a relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem-solve
- Contributes effectively in a team environment
- Experience working in databases
- Working knowledge of fundraising principles
- Familiarity of BC demographics and fundraising patterns
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com immediately. Please include the reference number CE2017BC and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.