Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Red Deer, AB
Status: Contract (March - September 2018); Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a results-driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Fundraising Coordinator to work on the Heart and Stroke’s Big Bike and Jump Rope for Heart Campaigns/Programs based in the Red Deer Area office. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
The position is very focused on sales of Heart & Stroke programs. Sales of our programs is the major responsibility of this position making up 70% of the role, including sales calls, research, follow up, and recognition; administration and execution will make up the remaining 30% of the role.
Business management accountabilities
- Create initial contacts with community members with the goal of increasing presence by selling and promoting Heart & Stroke programs; liaising with current and potential contacts in order to maintain relationships and presence
- Build, manage, and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support and meet fundraising goals
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of fundraising programs that may include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, Special Events, and the Heart Month/Stroke Month (Person to Person) Campaign
- Ensure that events are successfully implemented and fully completed within established guidelines and standards
- Work with Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution, which will include captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service, and event day execution
- Promote Heart & Stroke’s image and mission as an authoritative voice through information delivery, and act as a community resource
- Coordinate program prizing, including determining appropriate prizes needed for events, and ordering and maintaining inventory of prizes to bring to events
- Anticipate program participant needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure participant expectations are met or exceeded
- Track program statistics and provide analysis of productivity, including analysis of revenue; develop and submit project plans and ongoing reports, provide weekly and monthly reporting
Business development accountabilities
- Assist Area Manager in identifying, developing, and implementing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising, and business relationships,
- Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures, including coaching meetings, and volunteer recognition and stewardship
- Prioritize, identify, and initiate contact with participants (current and new); including conducting warm and cold sales/presentations
- Support the area office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Recruit, develop, and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers to meet identified gaps in volunteer needs
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs; schedule and train volunteers
- Ensure effective volunteer cultivation, stewardship, and follow-up to ensure the continued growth and success of programs
- Fundraising revenue: $200,000
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Post-Secondary Education
- 2-3 years of related experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, or administration
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit environment would be an asset, including coordination and supervision of volunteers
- Experience with cold calling and telerecruiting
- Event planning/coordinating and/or project management experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships; strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively promote and sell ides and/or programs along with excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve, and exercise sound judgment
- Goal setting and achievement orientated; time management skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills; ability to accurately enter data into a database program
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com immediately. Please include the reference number FCBB201803RD and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.