Position: Campaigns Administrator
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Calgary, AB
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Campaigns Administrator in our Calgary Office. The Campaigns Administrator provides administration and office support services for an area office, supports community engagement teams and events and as the first point of contact, provides service excellence to Heart and Stroke Foundation donors, volunteers and stakeholders. The Administrator is an integral part of the recruitment and development of the office volunteers specifically and in general the full area office volunteer team. The Campaigns Administrator contributes to the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke’s community based fundraising and health promotion initiatives.
- Supports Coordinators in the implementation of their campaigns (Big Bike, Jump Rope for Heart, etc.) and the running of events
- Acts as the front line resource person for general public and donors, ensuring reception coverage at all times
- Provides internal and external communication support
- Maintains a list of affiliated organizations and agencies and knowledgeable about the services they offer
- Represents HSF with volunteers, donors, customers, and general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Facilitates the implementation of the In Honour/Memory programs, including sending cards, receipting, and obituary tracking
- Implements the recruitment, orientation, training, direction, stewardship, and recognition of volunteers
- Supervises volunteers, students, government placements, etc.; ensures relationship is mutually beneficial and that required reporting is completed
Finance and Administration:
- Manages financial activities and records (e.g. banking, daily cash log, cash management, income tax receipting, gifts in kind procedures, cheques, tax receipts, banking information, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry
- Maintains filing systems, and inventories on materials and supplies
- Assists Area Manager in collecting data and preparing various monthly statistical and program evaluation reports.
- Processes all mail, parcels, orders, and shipments
- Maintains and trains staff/volunteers on efficient and effective office systems, services, procedures, office opening/closing, equipment, etc.
- Ensures a clean and professional office environment is maintained
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- 2-3 years customer service experience
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience (specifically knowledge of reconciling and budget monitoring)
- Previous fundraising and/or sales experience an asset
- Experience collecting and depositing money
- Strong data entry experience; data management
- Experience with recruitment, training and leading/supervising volunteers/students
- Experience in not-for-profit and/or health promotion an asset
- Volunteer development and management/supervisory experience
- Strong office administration and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask with frequent interruptions
- Proven ability to manage high volume of workload; thrives in a busy office environment.
- Ability to prioritize; sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibits high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7P; superior Excel skills
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please include the reference number CA201702CAL and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including pension, and dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.