Position: Associate, Resuscitation Support Centre (RSC)
Reports to: RSC Team Lead
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, flexible, and dedicated professional for the role of Associate, RSC. Reporting to the RSC Team Leader, the Associate will be responsible for enhancing the effectiveness and operating efficiency in an administrative role, in order to ensure the quality and integrity of Resuscitation Education and enhance emergency cardiovascular care.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation sets the guidelines for resuscitation care in Canada. To enable consistent administrative processes, the Resuscitation Support Centre (RSC) was established to provide a supportive role to individuals in various provinces who utilize HSF programs. Support is provided via the RSC and the Resuscitation web Portal.
- Administration of the provider, instructor, and trainer level programs, including:
- liaising and advising the general public, medical professionals, instructors, and instructor trainers regarding program delivery
- actively communicating in an ongoing manner with instructors and instructor trainers regarding registration status, course requirements, and documentation
- Administers the Heart & Stroke Resuscitation Portal & Salesforce databases, responding in a timely manner to student, instructor, and trainer inquiries regarding: Portal functionality, issues/problems, status of course completion card(s), card reissues, password resets, and rostering questions; and provides advice regarding Portal processesProcesses documentation as required (e.g. hardcopy Instructor Monitoring forms and card reissues applicable prior to Portal implementation)
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and life support equipment would be an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating in a mature and professional manner
- Demonstrated customer service skills and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and experience with databases
- Volunteer management and supervision skills
- Flexible/adaptable, able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and works well with minimal supervision
- Diploma or certificate from post-secondary institution in a related field (e.g. Healthcare, Medical Terminology, or Administration)
- Fluently bilingual in English and French strongly desired
- HSF Heartsaver or Basic Life Support for Health care Provider – C Certificate would be an asset
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Experience working in the health care field would be an asset
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please include the reference number ARSC0917EDM and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca