Position: Area and Program Administrator
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and organized professional for the role of Area and Program Administrator (APA) in our Southern Alberta Office. The role is accountable for providing administration support, office management services, and fundraising maximization for the office. In addition, the role is responsible for the Person to Person (P2P) Campaigns through effective recruitment, coordination, and motivation of volunteers.
- Develop and implement appropriate plans for campaign maximization and execution; this includes planning meetings, and the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision, direction, stewardship, and recognition of volunteers
- Assist Area Manager in identifying and delivering operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising, and business relationships.
- Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures
- Contribute to the effective delivery of programs by supporting the team and providing administrative support
- Facilitate the implementation of the In Honour/Memory programs, including sending cards, receipting, and obituary tracking
- Receive, coordinate, track, and prepare resources for health promotion presentations and displays
- Provide internal and external communication support and customer service
- Act as the front line resource person for general public and donors, and represent Heart & Stroke with volunteers, donors, customers, and general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Supervise volunteers, students, government placements, etc.; ensure relationship is mutually beneficial and that required reporting is completed
Finance and administration:
- Manage financial activities and records (e.g. banking, daily cash log, cash management, income tax receipting, gifts in kind procedures, cheques, tax receipts, banking information, etc.)
- Process, track, and reconcile operating and event expenses; support operating budget planning
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Maintain administration and filing systems, and inventories on materials and supplies
- Assist Area Manager in office reviews and in collecting data and preparing various monthly statistical and program evaluation reports
- Process mail, parcels, orders, and shipments
- Maintain and train staff/volunteers on efficient and effective office systems, services, procedures, office opening/closing, equipment, etc.
- Ensure a clean and professional office environment is maintained
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- 2-3 years customer service and fundraising experience
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience (specifically knowledge of reconciling and budget monitoring)
- Previous marketing and/or sales experience an asset
- Experience collecting and depositing money
- Strong data entry experience; data management
- Experience with recruiting, training, and leading/supervising volunteers/students
- Experience in not-for-profit and/or health promotion an asset
- Volunteer development and management/supervisory experience
- Strong office administration and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask with frequent interruptions
- Proven ability to manage high volume of workload; thrives in a busy office environment.
- Ability to prioritize; sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibits high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7P; superior Excel skills
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com by May 7th, 2018. Please include the reference number APA201804SA and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including pension, and dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.