Position: Administrator, Community Fundraising
Reports to: Manager, Community Fundraising
Location: Edmonton, AB
Status: Contract; Full-time (This is a one year contract for the period of November 2018 to November 2019)
As the heart of your team’s operations and activities, you are the pillar behind our fundraisers, volunteers, and donors. Using your exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, you will successfully provide internal and external support to our staff and constituents. Your volunteer management experience will help you connect with volunteers, donors, and the general public. You will support our Coordinators in executing fundraising programs to meet annual fundraising goals within your designated geographic territory.
Heart & Stroke administrators have a can-do attitude. They possess exceptional attention to detail, extrodianry organizational abilities, enjoy supporting a team, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our people are passionate, agile, and collaborative.
At Heart & Stroke, we benefit from a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs from across our great country. We celebrate our differences, our rich cultures and heritage and support individuals from all walks of life to achieve a healthy future.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of programs by supporting the team and providing administrative support
- Act as the face of the organization in the office and in the community, being the frontline resource person for the public
- Recruit, train, manage, steward, and recognize volunteers, practicum students, government placements, etc.
- Manage financial activities and records, databases, filing, supplies, and mail/shipments
- Support cultivation and stewardship activities to ensure continued growth and success of fundraising initiatives and campaigns, which may include Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Person to Person Canvass, and/or My Own Fundraiser
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and has access to own vehicle
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Proven success in volunteer management and office administration
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; superior Excel skills
- Financial experience in areas such as budgets, bookkeeping, and/or banking
Apply today at email@example.com
Be sure to include the reference number ACF2018EDM and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it.
Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Learn more at www.heartandstroke.ca