- Employment and Social Development Canada – Living with a Disability: The Government of Canada offers a variety of services and financial benefits to assist people with disabilities and their families.
- Support for People with a Handicap Exploring the Road to Employment (SPHERE) SPHERE is a Canadian non-profit organization whose mission is to foster labour market integration of people living in a situation of professional disability, as a result of a particular physical, mental or intellectual condition.
- Government of Canada - Opportunities Fund for Persons With Disabilities: The objective of the OF is to assist persons with disabilities prepare for, obtain and keep employment or become self-employed, thereby increasing their economic participation and independence.
- Canadian Disability Participation Project (CDPP): The CDPP is an alliance of university, public, private and government sector partners working together to enhance community participation among Canadians with physical disabilities.
- March of Dimes Employment Services: March of the Dimes offers employment services to help people with disabilities achieve greater independence by providing job training and finding them employment.
- British Columbia Ministry of Social Development - BC Employment and Assistance (BCEA) Information on the resources for people with disabilities who can work and the specialized programs available.
- British Columbia Social Development - Persons With Persistent Multiple Barriers (PPMB) Information on eligibility for the PPMB category and its benefits.
- British Columbia Ministry of Social Development - Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities In addition to financial support, you may be eligible for supplements to help with extra costs that people with disabilities may have.
- Ability 4 Good (formerly the Ability Society of Alberta): Ability4Good offers assessment, training and educational services out of their Edmonton location. They provide a variety of assessments for personal requests and Workers Compensation Board.
- Champions Career Centre: Find career and employer services for Calgarians with disabilities.
- Alberta Human Services – Disability Related Employment Supports (DRES): DRES provides assistance to Albertans in overcoming the barriers to employment created by a disability.
- Chrysalis: Chrysalis provides personalized services to assist individuals with disabilities achieve their employment, volunteer and recreation goals.
- Viable Calgary: Viable helps people who face barriers to employment, including people with disabilities. They connect employees with disabilities to employers.
- Vecova (formally Vocational and Rehabilitation Research Institute ‘VRRI’): Vecova assists persons with disabilities to succeed in the workplace and to connect businesses with competent, dedicated employees.
- Alberta Alis: Career planning, education planning and finding work for people with disabilities.
- Alberta Employment First Strategy: This strategy includes an innovation fund and internship program to create employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Government of Saskatchewan - Employability Assistance for People with Disabilities (EAPD) Provides funding to assist adults with disabilities to prepare for, secure, and maintain employment.
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council – Partners in Employment: Partners in Employment offers an extensive range of professional employment services to both individuals and employers.
- Saskatchewan Abilities Council – Preparing for Employment: Assistance in developing tools and strategies for finding and maintaining employment.
- Society for Manitobans with Disabilities (SMD) – Employment Services: SMD helps link Manitobans with disabilities to the business community by providing training, counselling, and skill upgrading.
- ThirdQuarter: A recruitment service for Canadian job seekers aged 45+
- Opportunities for Employment - Mature Worker Program: This program provides free employment services to Winnipeg residents age 50+.
- Winnipeg Transition Centre: This centre offers employment counselling and assistance, recruitment and professional development courses.
- The Ontario Disability Employment Network: A professional body of employment service providers united to increase employment opportunities for people who have a disability.
- PATH Employment Services: PATH is a non-profit agency that’s been helping people with any kind of disability get and keep jobs since 1972. They focus on the skills, talents, qualifications and abilities of the individual.
- Ontario Works Program: This program offers financial assistance, employment assistance, and emergency financial assistance for those eligible.
- The Healthline: Enter your community name or a postal code to find health and community services in Ontario.
- Emploi Quebec- Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: The Contrat d’intégration au travail (CIT) measure was designed to encourage employers to hire you. In addition to a wage subsidy, your future employer could receive financial assistance to help with adapting your work environment to your specific needs.
- Emploi Quebec - Aide aux personnes handicapées: La mesure Contrat d’intégration au travail (CIT) peut inciter un employeur à vous embaucher. En plus d’obtenir un soutien salarial, votre futur employeur pourrait recevoir une aide financière pour adapter l’environnement de travail à vos besoins.
- Government of New Brunswick - Equal Employment Opportunity Program: A program that helps individuals find meaningful employment with opportunities for advancement.
- Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work - Employment Services: CCRW ES is a one-stop employment service for job seekers with disabilities and employers in the southeast New Brunswick region.
- Province of Nova Scotia Disabled Persons Commission - Employment: A list of agencies, programs, supports and services for persons with disabilities seeking employment.
Prince Edward Island
- PEI Health and Social Services- Disability Support Handbook: This handbook offers information on how to access the Disability Support Program’s employment services.
- Community Inclusions LTD – Employment Unit: This program offers a number of services to individuals between the ages of 18-65 who have an intellectual disability in the West Prince area.
- PEI Council of People with Disabilities - Employment Counselling & Services Program Assistance, support, instruction and referral for persons with disabilities to find and retain employment and/or access training & educational opportunities.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland & Labrador Brain Injury Association - Employment: This association offers a listing of organizations that provide employment support and opportunities to people with disabilities
- Government of Newfoundland & Labrador - Employability Assistance for Persons with Disabilities This program is designed to assist individuals with a disability acquire the skills necessary to successfully prepare for or remain in the work force.
- Empower: The Disability Resource Centre: Empower offers numerous resources for those seeking employment including job postings and skill developing programs.
- NL Advanced Education, Skills and Labour - Benefits for Persons with Disabilities A listing of the numerous benefits and resources for those living with disabilities seeking employment.
- Department of Family Services – Income Assistance and Career Development Resources for those with disabilities looking for employment, including The Social Assistance Program and Career Development resources.
- Nunavummi Disabilities Makinnasuaqtiit Society: This organization promotes awareness, opportunity, choice and participation in all aspects of life in Nunavut! They offer a number of employment resources.
- Kakivak Association: Kakivak Association is a community and economic development organization serving Inuit, by providing business, employment and training services to enhance the strengths of communities in the Baffin region.
- NWT Disabilities Council: This organization is committed to allowing all individuals to have the opportunity and access towards the achievement of their full potential. They offer employment resources and other services for those living with disabilities.
- Yukon Government - Disability Supports: The Disability Supports department offers several programs to help persons with disabilities to be successful at work.
If you know of a resource that should be included or you identify an error please contact us.
Inclusion of a website or organization in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The opinions and views expressed on a website or external source material are independent from those of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate medical advice from a physician or other qualified healthcare professional prior to acting upon any information available through this listing.