Overview: Community Wellness Ambassadors will attend wellness fairs and community events. You will host a wellness booth and/or provide standard, basic health promotion/disease prevention presentations to community organizations.
Location: Across PEI, mainly in Charlottetown or Summerside area
Commitment: 2-3 hours on day of event. Number of events per month varies throughout the year. Minimum of 3 month commitment.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Reliable and punctual
- Enjoy connecting and communicating with people from all walks of life
- Passionate about promoting health
- Organized and engaging
- Willingness to gain a strong understanding of Heart & Stroke initiatives and messaging
- Experience working with the public
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Dynamic and meaningful way to assist Heart & Stroke in meeting our vision of Life. Uninterrupted by heart disease and stroke.
- Making a difference in the health of individuals and in our community.
- Ongoing opportunities to enhance public speaking , community engagement skills, and knowledge development
- Flexible hours
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability.
- Ability to carry materials to and from events (up to 20 lbs).
- Access to personal transportation to and from events considered an asset.
To apply, please send an email to Jenilyn.firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and why you’re interested.