As an Outreach Kit Delivery Driver, you will use a personal vehicle to deliver paper materials to 150-200 Heart & Stroke Canvass volunteers.
The Heart & Stroke Canvass is a national, community-based fundraising campaign. To learn more about the Heart & Stroke Canvass, please visit: www.heartandstroke.ca/help
Candidates with availability to volunteer in both Brockville and Gananoque Areas are preferred, but a volunteer role for either Brockville or Gananoque only is available as well. Mileage reimbursement is available upon request.
Delivery teams (Driver and Assistant) of couples, family members, or friends are welcome!
- Receive Outreach Kits from Staff Supervisor at a mutually convenient location or by courier.
- Complete delivery of all Outreach Kits assigned between January 20 and January 31, 2018. All deliveries should occur between 8:30am and 8:30pm.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
This is a remote volunteer position that requires travel within the Brockville and/or Gananoque Areas.
The Cornwall Area Office and your Staff Supervisor are located at:
237 Water St E, Unit 1
Cornwall, ON K6H 1A2
5-10 hours between January 20 and January 31, 2018.
Delivery schedule is flexible and will be determined in conjunction with the staff supervisor. All deliveries should occur between 8:30am and 8:30pm.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Passionate about Heart & Stroke’s mission and working with other volunteers in the community.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and basic knowledge of roads in the Brockville and/or Gananoque Areas. Mileage reimbursement is available upon request.
- Access to a safe and reliable personal vehicle with valid insurance.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Strong customer service skills; able to address or redirect questions in a professional manner.
- Light physical exertion for delivery activities, including: lifting bags of Outreach Kits in and out of vehicle, and walking to delivery locations from vehicle (possibly using stairs).
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Role-specific training and detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- Regular check-in conversations with your Supervisor.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Review, sign, and follow Heart & Stroke Code of Conduct.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Lynn Kenney (Area Manager, Cornwall) at Lynn.Kenney@heartandstroke.ca.