The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As a Community Engagement Volunteer, you will build and strengthen relationships with supporters to thank them for donated time, support and encourage fundraising, and increase online platform engagement and event attendance.
You will also research new relationship opportunities and confirm involvement to the appropriate staff member.
Primary responsibilities :
- Motivate individuals and groups to lead or participate in Heart & Stroke My Own Fundraiser events.
- Complete stewardship, invitation and thank you calls in a professional manner.
- Effectively collect and enter relevant data from calls.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
- Under guidance of the staff supervisor, complete online research on new relationship opportunities.
979 Alloy Drive, Suite 104
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Nearest Transit Stop: Alloy Drive at Tungsten Street
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
5-10 hours/ week, throughout the year.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school and age 18+.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, online search engines, and email.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Customer Service, or another relevant area is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Role-specific training and detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- Regular check-in conversations with your Supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org