The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As a Bilingual Program Relationship Volunteer, you will build and strengthen relationships in English and French with existing volunteers to thank them for donated time, support and encourage fundraising, and increase online platform engagement and event attendance.
You will also research new relationship opportunities and direct leads to the appropriate staff member.
- Complete stewardship, invitation and thank you calls in English and French in a professional manner.
- Effectively collect and enter relevant data from calls.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
- Under guidance of the staff supervisor, complete online research on new relationship opportunities.
59 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 4Y7
Nearest Transit Stop: Cambrian Mall
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Shifts are flexible and will be determined in conjunction with the staff supervisor. Evening and weekend shifts may be available.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English and French.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, online search engines, and email.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Customer Service, or another relevant area is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Role-specific training and detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- Regular check-in conversations with your Supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
You will be asked to:
- Review, sign, and follow IT Usage Agreement.
- Review, sign, and follow Heart & Stroke Code of Conduct.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org