Be a local champion in Rockland for Heart & Stroke!
As a Volunteer Ambassador, you will represent Heart & Stroke at the local level through engagement with corporate and community partners.
Through networking, presentations, and events, you will connect local citizens with Heart & Stroke volunteer opportunities and fundraising programs.
- Engage corporate and community partners and represent the Foundation in a positive light through presentations, networking, and outreach events.
- Develop a working relationship with local community leaders and event organizers to build Heart & Stroke’s reach and reputation in your community.
- Connect interested audience members to Area Office staff for further engagement with Heart & Stroke.
- Identify local opportunities (like presentations and events) for Heart & Stroke involvement and engagement with the community.
- Participate in recognition and stewardship activities for local supporters (e.g. volunteer appreciation events, community awards, thank you calls).
- Motivate individuals and groups to lead or participate in Heart & Stroke programming (e.g. Big Bike, Canvass Campaign, Jump Rope for Heart, My Own Fundraiser Events).
- Disseminate campaign and health information in accordance with Heart & Stroke communications best practices.
- Role model fundraising best practices and capacity building by engaging with personal networks.
This is a remote volunteer position for residents in Rockland and will require travel to various locations within Rockland. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
The Cornwall Area Office and your Staff Supervisor are located at:
36 Second Street East
Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y3
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
5-15 hours each month, depending on scheduled community and Heart & Stroke programming as well as opportunities.
(Time includes reviewing notes, attending events, networking, and follow-up.)
The amount of time each volunteer dedicates to this volunteer role is determined on an individual basis and can exceed 15 hours per month.
Minimum commitment of one year required.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Have an understanding of Heart & Stroke’s mission and the ability to articulate it concisely.
- Exhibits high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to build a strong rapport with community influencers.
- Experience facilitating cooperation and achieving results.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate with Staff Supervisor remotely.
- Ability to communicate in English and French according to location needs is an asset.
- Be comfortable with public speaking to diverse groups of people.
- Valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle is required. Mileage reimbursement is available.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Visibility in your community as a champion for Heart & Stroke’s work.
- Opportunities to expand your network and meet other leaders in your community.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities to use and grow your professional skills.
- Orientation to the role and communications protocols from your Staff Supervisor.
- Detailed training on Heart & Stroke’s history, successes, and current project and research priorities.
- Information and materials to support successful networking.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to Jessica.email@example.com