See beyond the data. Map routes. Save lives.
As an Canvass Route Mapping Volunteer, you will analyze available data and utilize mapping technology to assign canvassing routes to volunteers for Heart Month (February) and Stroke Month (June) 2018.
- With guidance from the staff team, retrieve relevant Canvass campaign reports from the Salesforce database.
- Analyze Canvass campaign reports to find trends and factors that contribute to campaign success.
- Identify critical areas and routes in the Ottawa region for targeted canvassing to maximize fundraising revenue.
- Make data-driven suggestions for route assignments and the Canvasser recruitment plan.
- Compile information for targeted Canvasser recruitment by utilizing trends identified in campaign reporting.
1525 Carling Avenue, Suite 110
Ottawa, ON K1Z 8R9
Nearest Transit Stop: Carling Avenue at Saigon Court
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
8-15 hours per week: 2-3 shifts per week, 4-5 hours per shift
Shifts will occur between the hours of 8:30am-5pm, Monday- Friday.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 15 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment (August – October 2017) with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school; age 18+.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Project Management or another relevant area.
- Sound knowledge of the Ottawa region and its neighbourhoods.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training for the Area Office Customer Service Volunteer and Area Office Administrative Volunteer roles.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training on specific tasks.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Successful candidates will be asked to:
- Review, sign, and follow IT Usage Agreement.
- Review, sign, and follow Heart & Stroke Code of Conduct.
Please send your professional resume and cover letter to Jessica.email@example.com