Make a difference by providing customer service support.
Overview of the role:
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Ottawa Area Office Customer Service Volunteer, you will provide customer service support to the Ottawa office.
Some activities associated with this role include:
- Reception desk management: answering and forwarding calls, greeting the public, answering general questions about Heart & Stroke’s work.
- Constituent data entry into Salesforce.
- Preparation of recognition and stewardship materials to supporters (e.g. thank you cards, information packages).
1525 Carling Avenue, Suite 110
Ottawa, ON K1Z 8R9
Nearest Transit Stop: Carling Avenue at Saigon Court
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
8-15 hours per week: 2-3 shifts per week, 4-5 hours per shift
Shifts will occur between the hours of 8:30am-5pm, Monday- Friday.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 15 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English.
- Ability to communicate in French and/or other non-English languages is an asset.
Benefits and Competencies developed:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training with other volunteer roles at Heart & Stroke.
Orientation and training:
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff partner.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff partner.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please send your professional resume and cover letter to Jessica.email@example.com