The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Events Support Volunteer, you will liaise with our community partner (Paint Nite) to coordinate approximately 30 fundraising events in Northwestern Ontario.
This position is based from our Thunder Bay Area Office.
This role is a great fit for individuals looking for experience in marketing, event management, or project management.
- Under guidance from the Area Manager, identify and confirm Paint Nite venues in communities across Northwestern Ontario
- Promote events through digital engagement, contacting local supporters, and distribution of posters to community partners.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Adhere to event guidelines as set by Paint Nite and Heart & Stroke.
- Effectively organize and communicate event details to Area Manager, venue managers, community partner Head Office, and community partner franchisees.
- Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
979 Alloy Drive, Suite 104
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Nearest Transit Stop: Alloy Drive at Tungsten Street
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
5-10 hours/ month (December 2017- August 2018)
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school and age 18+.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, online search engines, and email.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Professional or educational experience in Marketing, Event Management, Project Management, or another relevant area is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Role-specific training and detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- Regular check-in conversations with your Supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Email your professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com