The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Area Office Administrative Volunteer, you will provide administrative and data support to the Kitchener Area Office.
- Report generation using Salesforce and MS Excel.
- Constituent data entry into Salesforce.
- Tax receipt data management.
- Reconciliation of donations with cash logs and tax receipts.
2-1373 Victoria Street North
Kitchener, ON N2B 3R6
Nearest Transit Stop: Victoria Street at Matthew Street
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Minimum 4 hours per week
Shifts will occur between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday- Friday.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Proficient on the computer with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
What you’ll get from the experience:
As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com