Big Bike is celebrating 25 years! The 2018 Big Bike Campaign runs from April until August in Toronto, where and 200 corporate and community teams will participate in this fun team-building opportunity!
The Big Bike Volunteer Team Leader role is a very dynamic position focused on event execution and logistics, including engagement and leadership of other volunteers. This role supports the necessary activities in the Toronto Area Office for 2-3 days each week. As the Big Bike season progresses, the volunteer will attend 1-4 events each week.
- Act as an ambassador for the Big Bike program.
- Using phone calls and email, engage corporate and community stakeholders with the Big Bike program.
- Prepare for events by creating and maintaining the event day binder and collecting event day materials.
- Communicate with and schedule event-day volunteers by phone and email.
- On Event Days: lead and supervise other volunteers, manage registration, oversee pledge reconciliation and data management.
- Assist the Campaign Coordinator with post-event reporting.
Heart and Stroke Office:
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Big Bike event locations:
Events are held across the GTA from Scarborough to Etobicoke, with 14 in the downtown core. Volunteer will use public transit to travel between the Heart & Stroke Office and event locations (transit tokens will be provided for these journeys).
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The successful candidate will volunteer for 20-35 hours each week from mid- April to end of August 2018.
Shifts will be pre-determined with the employee partner at least two weeks in advance.
In-office shifts will occur between the hours of 10am- 4pm, Monday- Friday.
On event days, shifts will occur from 8:30am - 4:30pm (with breaks).
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer: familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, online search engines, and databases.
- Comfortable communicating with large groups of people and taking a leadership role.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Training sessions pre-season from the Toronto Area Office team.
- Opportunities to gain experience in event logistics, customer service, people management, business planning and fundraising
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and Heart & Stroke employees.
Please email your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you are interested. in the role to ON_Torontobb@heartandstroke.ca