Make a difference by providing administrative and financial support.
As an Area Office Administrative Volunteer, you will provide administrative and financial support to the Durham office.
- Constituent data entry into Salesforce.
- Tax receipt data management.
- Reconciliation of donations with cash logs and tax receipts.
- Preparation of cash logs.
- 105 Consumers Drive, Unit 2
Whitby, ON L1N 1C4
- Nearest Transit Stop: Consumers Drive and Hopkins Street
- This is an accessible location.
- 10 hours per week: 2-3 shifts per week, 5 hours per shift
- Shifts will occur between the hours of 11am-5pm.
- This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Business, Accounting, or another relevant area.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training for the Area Office Customer Service Volunteer role.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org