Provide Administrative Support to an Innovative Health Program
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
Volunteers are the heart of the Foundation. As an Activate Team Administrative Support Volunteer, you will support Heart & Stroke employees with the intake and scheduling of placement students and other volunteers who contribute their time and talents to the Activate program.
To learn more about Activate please visit:
This is an ideal role for individuals interested in the fields of: Human Resources, Volunteer Engagement, Office Administration and Non-Profit Management.
Some activities associated with this role include:
- Professionally responding to volunteer candidates by email and phone using templates and standardized messaging.
- Supporting Heart & Stroke employees with volunteer intake by summarizing candidate skills and experience, as well as recommending best-fit volunteer roles.
- Providing administrative and customer service support with ongoing volunteer and placement student scheduling.
- Representing Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicating the Foundation’s messaging accurately
- Understanding and following Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
- 1+ years of administrative and/or customer service experience in a professional or voluntary capacity
- Strong computer skills (PC environment): familiar with email, web browsers, and MS Office Suite; willingness to learn and develop database skills
- Exceptional communications skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Administrative and/ or volunteer engagement experience is a strong asset
- Ability to problem solve and adapt in different situations
16-21 hours weekly (2-3 days)
Five month commitment: Jan – May
2300 Yonge Street, 13th floor
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Benefits and Competencies developed:
- Opportunities to interact with a dynamic team of other passionate volunteers and employees.
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to develop and expand your professional skills.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training with other volunteer roles at Heart & Stroke.
- Exposure to an innovative health program and it’s administrative aspect
- Opportunity to expand knowledge and skill in customer service support
Orientation and training:
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your employee partner.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- Information and materials to support successful volunteer engagement.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with employee partner.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Hilla: email@example.com