Event Attendants represent the Heart & Stroke Health Promotion Team during community events such as wellness or health fairs. All Heart & Stroke display materials are kept on site at the Heart & Stroke office at 1037 Topsail Road in Mount Pearl. Usually, events are scheduled by the Health Promotion Team and Attendants pick up event materials from the Heart & Stroke office on the day of or the day before the event. Attendants will be briefed on Heart & Stroke messaging in advance.
Some activities associated with this role include:
- Pick up event materials/equipment on the day of the event and return to the office the following day
- Represent Heart & Stroke at community events by being present at the booth, interacting with event attendees and answering questions from the general public related to Heart & Stroke Key messaging
- Familiarizing yourself with Heart & Stroke Messaging and representing the views and mission of the foundation well.
Event locations vary, but the majority will be in the Eastern Avalon area. Volunteers must pick up and drop off event materials at 1037 Topsail rd. Mount Pearl, NL, A1N 5E9.
2-6 hours availability on event day. Minimum 3 month commitment.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Knowledge and understanding of health promotion messaging (through education, work experience or other activities).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with a talent for communicating clearly, simply and concisely.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Dynamic and meaningful way to assist Heart & Stroke in meeting our vision of Healthy Lives Free of Heart Disease and Stroke.
- Interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Making a difference in the health of individuals and communities
- Flexible hours
- Access to personal transportation to and from events.
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability.
- Ability to carry materials to and from events (up to 20 lbs).
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com telling us about yourself and why you’re interested.