Heart & Stroke Wellness Ambassadors deliver standard, basic health promotion/disease prevention presentations to community groups. All presentation equipment (laptop, projector, and screen) are kept on site at the Heart & Stroke office at 1037 Topsail Road in Mount Pearl. Usually, events in the Avalon Region are scheduled by the Health Promotion Team and Ambassadors pick up presentation equipment from the Heart & Stroke Office on the day of or the day before the event. There is also opportunity for Ambassadors to expand the reach of Heart & Stroke messaging across the province by taking initiative to personally schedule presentations, as appropriate. These opportunities must be discussed with the Health Promotion Team in advance and access to alternate audio/visual equipment may be required, depending on geographic location. Ambassadors work closely with the Health Promotion Team and are briefed on Heart & Stroke messaging in advance.
1037 Topsail rd. Mount Pearl, NL A1N 5E9
2-3 hours on day of event. Number of events per month varies throughout the year. Minimum of 3 month commitment
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Knowledge and understanding of health promotion/disease prevention.
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations in a group setting.
- Willingness to gain a strong understanding of Heart & Stroke initiatives and messaging.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Dynamic and meaningful way to assist Heart & Stroke in meeting our vision of healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke
- Making a difference in health of individuals and in our community
- Ongoing opportunities to enhance public speaking , community engagement skills, and knowledge development
- Flexible hours
- Access to personal transportation to and from events.
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability.
- Ability to carry materials to and from events (up to 20 lbs).
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and why you’re interested.