The Heart & Stroke Canvass is a fundraising campaign that raises funds for research and shares life-saving health information with Canadians, through the help of 90,000 volunteers.
Heart disease and stroke takes a Canadian life every 7 minutes. We invite YOU to join the campaign to help protect the lives of our neighbours, friends and family.
Newfoundland and Labrador
2 - 4 hours per week during April & May
You are a positive, persuasive communicator able to build rapport quickly over the phone with excellent English communication skills. You are results-oriented, motivated by achieving and exceeding goals. Your previous telemarketing or outbound call centre experience is an asset and you are ready to use your skills in a role that really makes a difference!
- Call past door-to-door canvassers to see if they are interested in returning this June
- Update Excel Spreadsheet with contact information for callers
- Be positive while representing Heart & Stroke
- Enjoy interacting with people over the phone
- Comfortable working on a computer
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Opportunity to develop interpersonal and fundraising skills
- Meet like-minded people in your community and share stories
- Help neighbours, friends and family to learn lifesaving health information