Wellness Ambassadors take healthy living to a new level and make it understandable and actionable for Canadians. They work towards Heart and Stroke’s priorities:
Prevent Disease - Save Lives - Promote Recovery
Wellness Ambassadors engage people in meaningful conversations about health, answer health-related questions, talk about risk factors and facilitate behavior change, making a tangible difference in their community.
Wellness Ambassadors are visible in their communities at health events, festivals, fairs, community centres and other community locations.
Various locations in the Kelowna Area. This role will be supported by our Kelowna Area Office, located at:
#4-1551 Sutherland Avenue
Ten hours of in-house training. Attendance at one event per month. A minimum 2 year commitment is requested.
- Make health matter by engaging people in meaningful conversations
- Answer questions on health, heart disease, and stroke
- Problem-solve creative solutions to unique health-based questions
- Use fun, interactive, and evidence-based health resources
- Provide thoughtful input to make the program better
- Act collaboratively with other team members
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- You enjoy connecting and communicating with people from all walks of life
- You want to help people highlight their healthy habits
- You want to help people seek new, creative ways to lead a healthier life
- You are passionate about promoting health and preventing disease
- You love to be creative and innovative in large and small ways
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Orientation to Heart and Stroke including background information on the Foundation and core training related to heart disease and stroke.
- Training and mentoring on facilitation, communication and behavior change
- Opportunity to gain valuable skills in communication, facilitation, and problem solving
- Exposure to a great team environment and a dynamic, flexible position
- Opportunity to use and improve on a wide variety of skills
- Tangible and rewarding impact on communities
- You’ll be supervised by and liaise with the Specialist in Health Initiatives at our Provincial Office.
- Promoting health will make you happy!
Volunteer today to make a difference!
To become a Wellness Ambassador, please email Judit at email@example.com with the subject “I can make health matter”.
In the body of the email, provide contact information and let us know:
- Why you are interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador
- Your experience connecting with people of all ages and walks of life
- What is most important to you when you volunteer
- When is the best time to connect with you