Make Health Matter – Wellness Ambassador Volunteer Opportunity
- Wellness Ambassadors take healthy living to a new level and make it understandable and actionable for Canadians. They work towards the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s priorities:
- Prevent Disease - Save Lives - Promote Recovery
- As Community Events Wellness Ambassadors, they are visible in their communities, at health events, festivals, fairs and community centres.
- As InfoLine Wellness Ambassadors, they are accessible over the phone, email, and other virtual means. As both, they are pure awesome.
- All Wellness Ambassadors engage people in meaningful conversations about health, answer health-related questions, talk about risk factors and behavior change, and make a difference in their community.
- You enjoy connecting and communicating with people from all walks of life
- You want to help people highlight their healthy habits
- You want to help people seek new, creative ways to lead a healthier life
- You are passionate about promoting health and preventing disease
- You love to be creative and innovative in large and small ways!
- Make health matter by engaging people in meaningful conversations
- Answer questions on health, heart disease, and stroke
- Problem-solve creative solutions to unique health-based questions
- Use fun, interactive, and evidence-based health resources
- Provide thoughtful input to make the program better
- Act collaboratively with other team members
Commitment (The Fine Print)…
- Attend a comprehensive training (16 hours in-house, Aug/Sept 2017)
- InfoLine Wellness Ambassador: a minimum of one 3-hour shift per week
- Community Events Wellness Ambassador: attend at least one event every 2 months
- Commit to the Wellness Ambassador Program for 2 years
To become a Wellness Ambassador, please email Judit, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “I can make health matter”. In the body of the email, provide contact information and let us know:
- Why you are interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador
- Your experience connecting with people of all ages and walks of life
- What is most important to you when you volunteer
- When is the best time to connect with you
Application deadline - July 31, 2017
Those who can volunteer during the daytime are encouraged to apply!
Thank you for volunteering your time and talents in the fight against heart disease and stroke