Our Provincial Office supports a number of departments as well as our area offices. As an Office Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for guests to the office and over the phone. You will provide exceptional customer service and support the staff team with a variety of administrative duties. You will play a key role in ensuring the Heart and Stroke Foundation can continue to create positive relationships with our supporters across the country.
Provincial Office – BC & Yukon
#200 – 1212 West Broadway
Days: Monday – Friday
Times: Shifts are roughly 9:00am – 1:00pm or 12:00pm – 4:00pm*
Shifts are scheduled on a weekly basis and a minimum 6 month commitment is requested.
* Volunteer shifts are assigned according to individual availability. You may choose to volunteer on a weekly, biweekly, monthly or “as needed” basis. *
- Welcome guests to the office and provide support and direction
- Answering the telephone on a multi-line switchboard in a courteous manner and directing calls to appropriate staff and resources
- Helping to provide a positive experience for visitors to the office.
- Take donations in person and on the phone.
- Data and file management
- Reconciling donations and receipts
- Preparation of materials for revenue tracking and banking documentation
- Assist with other office tasks and projects that might arise
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Punctual and reliable once schedule is set
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+
- Ability to type 40wpm with few mistakes
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused
- Friendly, confident, and self-motivated
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to be productive as part of a team as well as individually.
- Enjoy working with other people in a professional setting.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC Environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, the Internet, and data management.
- Willingness to learn about heart disease and stroke
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Experience in reception, customer service, or administration in an office setting is an asset, but not required.
Develop or sharpen your transferable professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- An orientation to Heart & Stroke and our role in the community
- A chance to meet new people, and network with a group of inspiring volunteers and staff members who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke.
- One-on-one training (where necessary) with a staff supervisor to ensure fit and success in your role
- Opportunities for cross-training in other available volunteer roles
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.