This incredible event is rolling into communities across the country this year and will bring teams of up to 29 riders onto the one and only Heart & Stroke BIG BIKE! This wacky, fun event is a great opportunity for local organizations, families, and corporations to build team spirit and profile in their community. This role contributes to the delivery of successful and inspiring events in BC by providing event support and participant recognition.
- May 1st, 2018 – West Kelowna
- May 2nd, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 3rd, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 4th, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 5th, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 7th, 2018 – Nelson
- May 8th, 2018 – Trail
- May 9th, 2018 – Osoyoos
- May 10th, 2018 – Penticton
- May 11th, 2018 - Vernon
- Minimum 4 hour shifts on at least one Event Day*
*Event Day hours vary per event, but do not extend past 8pm or after it gets dark (whichever comes first). Shifts can be scheduled around individual availability.
- Enthusiastically greet riders coming out to Big Bike Day
- Take registrations and give out prizes
- Help out with set-up of tables, collateral etc.
- Help with setting up and serving food and coffee
- Work with other Event Day volunteers to create a spirit of fun on Big Bike Day, cheering and handing out noisemakers and costume materials
- Assist with taking photos of the event throughout the day
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, enjoys creating spirit of fun during Event Day
- Organized and detail oriented
- Task oriented
- Be part of a team that is responsible for the success of the Big Bike Program
- Meet new people and support your community
- Work with a dynamic, skilled group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke
- A keepsake volunteer ball cap
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.