For more than 60 years, Heart & Stroke has been dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Our work has saved thousands of lives and improved the lives of millions of others. We deliver health promotion and fundraising events in communities across BC and the Yukon. As a Volunteer Driver, you will help pick up and drop off necessary program materials for events, school programs, and canvassers, or serve as an escort car for our 30-seat Big Bike when it comes to your community.
- May 1st, 2018 – West Kelowna
- May 2nd, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 3rd, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 4th, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 5th, 2018 – Kelowna
- May 7th, 2018 – Nelson
- May 8th, 2018 – Trail
- May 9th, 2018 – Osoyoos
- May 10th, 2018 – Penticton
- May 11th, 2018 - Vernon
- Shifts 2-8 hours.
- Flexibility to work around your schedule
- Frequent rest periods and a lunch break
- Work with area office staff, volunteers, and the Big Bike Driver to become familiar with the event and the ride route
- Contribute to a fun and exciting event environment
- Interact in a friendly and professional manner with everyone on site.
- Accompany the Big Bike on ~20-minute routes around your community in May/June.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- A fun, friendly, and professional personality
- A mobile phone
- A valid driver’s license
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to lift/carry 25lbs
- Meet new people and support your community
- Network with organizations and companies in your city
- Work with a dynamic, skilled group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke.
- A keepsake volunteer cap.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.