The Heart & Stroke canvassing campaign began in 1958 in Ontario. Today the canvass is a national, community-based fundraising campaign. Its volunteers connect with their neighbours, family, friends, and online networks to share important health information, and then collect donations for lifesaving research. As a Confirmation Caller, you will connect with our Person to Person campaign canvassers to support program wrap-up and retention.
Kamloops Area Office
729 Victoria Street
- Minimum 3 hours per week
- Shifts can be scheduled around individual availability
- Work with the Person to Person Coordinator to understand the canvassing campaign and who they will be calling.
- Call previous Person to Person volunteers to confirm their support for February 2019.
- Help with reminding volunteers to return their canvassing kit from this year
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Friendly and professional telephone manner
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Sales and marketing background would be an asset
- Training and support provided
- Enhance your communication skills
- Meet new people and network with a group of inspiring staff and volunteers
- One on one training with a staff supervisor to ensure fit and success in your role
- Opportunities for cross-training in other available roles
- Ongoing training and mentorship
- Join a dynamic team of volunteers doing important work
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.