At the Heart and Stroke Foundation, we believe that every child has the right to grow up healthy. We also believe that you can help us make this vision a reality! Jump Rope for Heart promotes a healthy lifestyle in children and to raise funds through events. This role contributes to the continued success of events by providing administrative support.
Kamloops Area Office
729 Victoria Street
- Minimum 3 hours per week, weekdays during office hours (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Shifts can be scheduled around individual availability
- Prepare and process registration kit and incentive orders
- Organize and process school pledge forms
- Record school contact and fundraising information in our systems
- Data Entry in a variety of databases
- Preparation of materials for revenue tracking and banking documentation
- Work with the School Programs Coordinator to identify tasks to help your local schools run a Jump Event
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Punctual and reliable once schedule is set
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Ability to type 40wpm with few mistakes
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Ability to be productive as part of a team as well as individually.
- Enjoy working with other people in a professional setting.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC Environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, the Internet, and data management.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Experience in administration in an office setting is an asset.
- Develop or sharpen your transferable professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- An orientation to Heart & Stroke and our role in the community
- The opportunity to support our largest community fundraising program across the country
- A chance to meet new people, and network with a group of inspiring volunteers and staff members.
- One-on-one training (where necessary) with a staff supervisor to ensure fit and success in your role
- Opportunities for cross-training in other available volunteer roles
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.