This incredible event is rolling into communities across the country this year and will bring teams of up to 29 riders onto the one and only Heart & Stroke BIG BIKE! This wacky, fun event is a great opportunity for local organizations, families, and corporations to build team spirit and profile in their community. The Big Bike Team Recruitment Leader contributes to a successful campaign by building relationships, inspiring, and recruiting prospective teams or captains in their community.
Flexible, from home or in our office.
The position is managed by our Kamloops Area Office
729 Victoria Street
- Minimum 2 hours per week, during weekdays from March to August
- Recruit teams to participate in Big Bike events and manage relationships with them
- Encourage pledge and online fundraising
- Assist Big Bike Coordinator with various communications and kickoff presentations
- Act as an additional contact for team captains throughout the Big Bike season
- Provide feedback on successes and challenges of the role
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Comfortable with making cold calls to potential teams
- Superior sales skills and ability to secure team commitments
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Database skills to record team information
- Access to computer at home or available during daytime hours to use office computer
- Personable and outgoing
- A familiarity with Williams Lake will be a major asset in this role.
- An opportunity to demonstrate your incredible salesmanship
- Training and support will be provided
- Be part of a team that is responsible for the success of the Big Bike program
- Meet new people and support your community
- Work with a dynamic, skilled group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.