For more than 60 years, Heart & Stroke has been dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Our work has saved thousands of lives and improved the lives of millions of others. We deliver health promotion and fundraising events in communities across BC and the Yukon. As a Volunteer Driver, you will help pick up and drop off necessary program materials for events, school programs, and canvassers, or serve as an escort car for our 30-seat Big Bike when it comes to your community.
Drivers needed across the Fraser Area, including: Burnaby, New Westminster, Tri-Cities, Ridge Meadows, North Delta, Surrey, Langley, and the Fraser Valley
Flexible, as much or as little time as you can offer
- Work with area office staff and participants in our programs to determine the most efficient routes to pick up and drop off materials.
- Accompany the Big Bike on ~20-minute routes around your community in May/June.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- A friendly and professional personality
- A mobile phone
- A valid driver’s license
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
- The opportunity to interact with our supporters across your area
- A flexible way to volunteer.
- A chance to do shorter or longer excursions depending on what kind of trip you enjoy
- Work with a dynamic, skilled group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.