At the Heart and Stroke Foundation, we believe that every child has the right to grow up healthy. We also believe that you can help us make this vision a reality! Jump Rope for Heart promotes a healthy lifestyle to children and helps raise funds through events across the country. This role contributes to the continued success of events through providing leadership and building relationships with schools.
Volunteers needed across the Fraser Area, including: Burnaby, New Westminster, Tri-Cities, Ridge Meadows, North Delta, Surrey, Langley, and the Fraser Valley
- Program Months: September – June (events are scheduled throughout and volunteer dates are known in advance)
- Hours: Shifts are scheduled during the school day.
- Requesting a commitment of 3-4 hours/week for at least 3 months.
- Liaise with the Heart & Stroke School Coordinator
- Visit schools and meet with principals, teachers, and/or parent councils to discuss HSF’s mission and how to participate in Jump Rope for Heart
- Deliver appropriate program materials to schools as needed
- Execute kick off assemblies and attend event days
- Support schools with program wrap up as needed; may include collecting pledge forms, counting and depositing donations, distributing prizes
- Recognize and thank schools for their efforts by phone, email and/or in-person
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Fun, energetic, and self-motivated
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Able to address questions and concerns in a professional manner
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle (we will reimburse mileage)
- A teaching background and familiarity with the school system would be an asset, but not required.
- Orientation, training, and support
- Networking with staff and supporters in the community
- Work with a dynamic group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.