Heart disease and stroke take 1 in 3 Canadians before their time. Volunteer in your neighborhood and help Canadians live longer, fuller lives. With volunteers, donations, education and research, we can lead greater change and save more lives. The Campaign Support Volunteer provides administrative support allowing us to build stronger relationships and connect with more donors, raising much needed money in the fight against heart disease and stroke.
Coastal Vancouver Area Office
1216 West Broadway
- Minimum 3 hours per week, weekdays during office hours (9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Shifts can be scheduled around individual availability
- Entering constituent information into our data system
- Assist in the development and execution of strategies for recruiting Canvassers for next year
- Support the area office in their collection and organization of completed canvasser kits
- Create and send out correspondence to Canvassers, Captains and community partners
- Assist with the overall coordination and deployment of the Heart & Stroke Canvass campaign(s)
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Punctual and reliable once schedule is set
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Ability to type 40wpm with few mistakes
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Ability to be productive as part of a team as well as individually.
- Enjoy working with other people in a professional setting.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC Environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, the Internet, and data management.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Experience in administration in an office setting is an asset.
- Develop or sharpen your transferable professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- An orientation to Heart & Stroke and our role in the community
- The opportunity to support our largest community fundraising program across the country
- A chance to meet new people, and network with a group of inspiring volunteers and staff members.
- One-on-one training (where necessary) with a staff supervisor to ensure fit and success in your role
- Opportunities for cross-training in other available volunteer roles
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.