At the Heart and Stroke Foundation, we believe that every child has the right to grow up healthy. We also believe that you can help us make this vision a reality! Jump Rope for Heart promotes a healthy lifestyle to children and helps raise funds through events across the country. This role contributes to the continued success of events through providing leadership and building relationships with schools.
- Volunteers needed across the Coastal Vancouver Area, including: Vancouver, Richmond, South Delta, the North Shore, Whistler, and the Sunshine Coast.
- Program Months: September – June (events are scheduled throughout and volunteer dates are known in advance)
- Hours: Shifts are scheduled during the school day.
- Requesting a commitment of 3-4 hours/week for at least 3 months.
- Liaise with the Heart & Stroke School Coordinator
- Visit schools and meet with principals, teachers, and/or parent councils to discuss HSF’s mission and how to participate in Jump Rope for Heart
- Deliver appropriate program materials to schools as needed
- Execute kick off assemblies and attend event days
- Support schools with program wrap up as needed; may include collecting pledge forms, counting and depositing donations, distributing prizes
- Recognize and thank schools for their efforts by phone, email and/or in-person
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Fun, energetic, and self-motivated
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Able to address questions and concerns in a professional manner
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle (we will reimburse mileage)
- A teaching background and familiarity with the school system would be an asset, but not required.
- Orientation, training, and support
- Networking with staff and supporters in the community
- Work with a dynamic group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.