4 servings / 25 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 10 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) extra lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced seeded hot pepper (such as Thai chili or jalapeno)
- 2 ripe but firm mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh mint and basil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce or fish sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped romaine lettuce
- In a nonstick skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken, onion, garlic and hot pepper, breaking up with wooden spoon for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink; set aside.
- Peel mango and cut flesh from pit. Chop into bite size pieces and place in large bowl. Add red pepper, mint and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and soy sauce. Pour over mango mixture; add cooked chicken and toss to coat.
- Divide lettuce onto plates and top with mango chicken salad.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 270
- Protein 25 g
- Total fat 11 g
- Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
- Carbohydrates 20 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 15 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 185 mg
- Potassium 680 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.