6 servings / 30 mins
Prep 20 min / Cook 10 min
- 10 oz (300 g) whole wheat fusilli, small shells or other small pasta
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 1-1/2 tsp (5 to 7 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 2% plain yogurt
- Grated zest of 1 lime (about 1 tsp/5 mL)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) drained rinsed cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) raisins
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or according to package directions, until tender but firm. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- In a small skillet or saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat; sauté garlic for 1 minute or until softened and fragrant. Stir in curry powder; remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pepper, yogurt, lime zest and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the lime juice. Scrape curry mixture into bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add pasta, chickpeas, apple, red pepper, cucumber and raisins to yogurt mixture and toss gently to coat. Taste and add more lime juice, as desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 333
- Protein 14 g
- Total Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Carbohydrates 61 g
- Fibre 9 g
- Sugars 15 g
- Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 130 mg
- Potassium 555 mg