8 servings / 45 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 30 min
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) chicken breast tenders or thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 lb (125 g) turkey chorizo sausage, with casing removed and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 lb (250 g) medium sized shrimp
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and pepper and sauté 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add sausage and garlic to skillet and sauté 1-2 minutes. Add jalapeño pepper, red pepper, celery and onion. Continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add canned tomatoes and thyme. Simmer 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Add shrimp and chicken back to skillet and cook until shrimp are done, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 230
- Protein 21 g
- Total fat 8 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
- Carbohydrates 18 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 460 mg
- Potassium 393 mg