4 servings / 48-50 min
Prep 10 min / Refrigerate 30 min / Cook 8-10 min
The yogurt marinade keeps lean chicken breast moist and tender. The fresh herbs really boost the flavour. This main course salad adds a nice twist to dinner any time of year.
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) 2% plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 4 oz (125 g) each
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 8 cups (2 L) torn romaine lettuce
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, parsley, chives, rosemary and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) into a shallow dish and add chicken breasts, turning to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate chicken for at least 30 minutes or for up to 1 day. Cover and refrigerate remaining yogurt dressing separately.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium or preheat broiler or grill pan on the stove-top. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Grill chicken (or broil or cook in grill pan), turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices.
- Just before serving, combine lettuce, red peppers and cucumbers in a large bowl. Whisk olive oil into reserved yogurt dressing and pour over vegetables; toss gently to coat. Arrange on serving plates and top with sliced chicken.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 273
- Protein: 33 g
- Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 86 mg
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sugars: 10 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Potassium: 1053 mg