5 servings / 25 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 5 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) coarse bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 oz (120 g) cubed Swiss or washed-rind* cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
*Washed rind refers to the process by which the rinds of certain cheeses are washed periodically during ripening, resulting in the coppery or beige colour of Mamirolle and Oka.
- In a saucepan, combine bulgur and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover and let soak for 15 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add celery, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, chicken and cheese to bulgur.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil, mustard and pepper. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss to coat.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 5)
- Calories 284
- Protein 23 g
- Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
- Carbohydrates 21 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 1 g
- Sodium 118 mg
- Potassium 419 mg