6 servings / 55 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 35 min
Pop the vegetables in the oven to roast while you cook the pasta, then stir it all together with zippy Asiago cheese and you’ve got a pasta dish that’s sure to become a new favourite. Serve a leafy green salad on the side.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) cauliflower florets (about 2/3 medium head)
- 3 cups (750 mL) grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary or basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red or white wine vinegar
- 8 oz (250 g) whole wheat rotini or fusilli pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lower fat Asiago or Provolone cheese or 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded regular Asiago or Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place oil in a 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 3 minutes or until oil is heated.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, pepper, smoked paprika (if using) and vinegar to baking dish and toss to evenly coat. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned and tomatoes have split, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, until a dente (tender but firm). Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cooking water.
- Stir pasta into vegetables in baking dish, mashing tomatoes slightly to release juice. Add reserved cooking water, a little at a time, to moisten pasta as desired. Stir in half of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 281
- Protein 13 g
- Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
- Carbohydrates 38 g
Fibre 6 g
Sugars 5 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 163 mg
- Potassium 609 mg