5 servings / 1 hour
Prep 20 min / Cook 40 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) quartered mushrooms (halved if small)
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil or thyme
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded regular mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly oil a 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate or 6-cup (1.5 L) shallow baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, oil, and half of the pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes or until tender and browned. Let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In the same bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, basil and remaining pepper until frothy. Stir in half of the mozzarella.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle broccoli and mushrooms evenly into eggs, pressing to immerse slightly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until evenly puffed and almost set. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese is until melted.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 5)
- Calories 186
- Protein 14 g
- Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 241 mg
- Carbohydrates 4 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 244 mg
- Potassium 280 mg