6 servings / 35 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 25 min
Use the egg pancakes to wrap up the rice and veggie filling or any other filling of your choice or simply spoon it on top and enjoy.
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown basmati rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium reduced vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen diced mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cucumber
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring rice, broth and garlic to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir in mixed vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, curry powder and pepper. Pour in scant 1/4 cup (60 mL) into a sprayed small 6 inch (15 cm) nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until set and golden on bottom. Flip over and cook for 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Fill each pancake with rice mixture and sprinkle with cucumber. Drizzle with soy sauce and hot sauce, if desired.
Tip: You can roll up the pancake or fold it in halves or quarters and fill to pack in lunches. Or send everything separately and have the kids put it together the way they want.
Choose other veggies your kids will like and top it off with crisp raw veggies like carrots or lettuce if desired. This is delicious warm or cold.
Nutritional info per serving (2 pancakes)
- Calories 271
- Protein 14 g
- Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 35 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugar 5 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 501 mg
- Potassium 295 mg