8 servings / 35 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 15 min
Our original and delicious Indian-inspired burger combines lightly spiced, curried ground beef and Canadian Feta. The meat is topped with a creamy yogurt and coriander based garnish and sandwiched between warm multi-grain buns.
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) extra-lean Canadian ground beef
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lower fat Canadian Feta, crumbled or 1/4 cup (50 mL) regular Canadian Feta, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 multi-grain burger buns
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1% plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill to medium heat or oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the buns and toppings. Season to taste.
- Divide mixture and shape into 8 patties.
- Place on grill or on a parchment-covered baking sheet on centre rack of oven. Cook burgers 12 to 15 minutes, turning them over just once.
- Heat the buns.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and cilantro, and season to taste. Spread onto buns.
- Fill buns with patties and garnish with lettuce.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 309
- Protein 24 g
- Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 72 mg
- Carbohydrates 30 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 7 g
Added sugars 2 g
- Sodium 499 mg
- Potassium 506 mg