8 servings / 2 hours 50 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 2 hours 40 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 2 lb (900 g) boneless beef blade roast
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 - 3 leeks
- 1 Canadian blonde beer
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (250 mL) feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 - 2 tsp (5-10 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter on high heat and brown meat for 3–4 min on each side. Season generously with pepper. Pour beer over beef. Top with bay leaf and leeks. Bring to a boil and continue cooking, covered, in the oven for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Half an hour before end of cooking, mix feta gremolata ingredients in a bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
- To serve, divide leeks among plates and top with some meat. Drizzle with cooking juice and garnish generously with feta gremolata.
Nutritional Info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 240
- Protein 27 g
- Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
- Carbohydrates 6 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 271 mg
- Potassium 516 mg