6 servings / 40 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 25 min
- 1 package (8oz/225g) fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 can (14oz/398 mL) low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) white fish fillets, such as halibut, haddock or tilapia about 4 oz/125 g each
- Preheat oven to 400 ⁰F (200 ⁰C).
- In food processor, mince mushrooms until finely chopped. In large, dry saucepan, cook mushrooms over medium heat until moisture is gone and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add shallots, green onions, parsley, thyme, pepper, bread crumbs and canola oil. Mix well. Set duxelles mixture aside.
- Spread crushed tomatoes over a a lightly oiled 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) baking pan. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Place fish fillets on top of tomatoes. Spoon duxelles mixture over fish, covering fillets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork and mushroom mixture is lightly browned.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 250
- Protein 27 g
- Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
- Carbohydrates 17 g
Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 210 mg
- Potassium 702 mg