8 servings / 40 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 20 min
- 8 large tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooked quinoa
- 1 can (6 oz – 180 g) tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh oregano, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz (180 g) mozzarella, cubed
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato so they sit upright. Cut the top off to create an opening large enough to stuff them. Scoop out and chop flesh, discarding seeds. Turn tomatoes upside down on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- In a bowl, mix quinoa, tuna, onion, olives and oregano. Season with pepper. Add tomato flesh and cheese.
- Stuff tomatoes with the mixture and cover with tomato tops.
- Transfer tomatoes to an aluminum plate if grilling or to an oven-safe baking dish if using the oven. Cook on the grill or in oven for 15–20 min or until filling is very hot and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 137
- Protein 11 g
- Total fat 6 g
- Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
- Carbohydrates 9 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 243 mg
- Potassium 366 mg