6 servings / 20 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 10 min
- 2 lbs (1 kg) whole fresh trout fillets (6 fillets)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- Lemon and parsley, optional garnishes
- On a plate, mix flour with pepper for dredging the fish.
- Place milk in bowl, dip trout in milk and then place on plate to coat with flour on both sides.
- In large saucepan, heat canola oil to medium-high. Place fish in pan and fry for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Allow fish to stand in pan for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables, if desired.
Nutritional info per serving (1 fillet)
- Calories 230
- Protein 31 g
- Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
- Carbohydrates 2 g
Fibre 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 50 mg
- Potassium 736 mg