1 serving / 11 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 6 min
This colourful salad is perfect for a summer dinner on your deck or balcony. Buy a pound of shrimp on sale and divide the bag into four for quick meals all summer long.
- 4 oz (125 g) large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) corn kernels (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl, spray shrimp lightly with cooking spray; toss with herb seasoning and chili powder.
- Place shrimp and pepper on preheated medium high grill and cook, turning once for about 6 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and pepper is tender crisp.
- Arrange spinach, tomato and corn, if using onto a dinner plate and top with grilled pepper and shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic and pepper and drizzle over salad to serve.
Nutritional info per serving (entire recipe)
- Calories 150
- Protein 22 g
- Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180 mg
- Carbohydrates 12 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 6 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 247 mg
- Potassium 699 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2014.